It is as beautiful a day today as it was on September 11, 2001.
I will never ever forget this nor will my sons. It affected me personally and regarding my work.
I have several other things I would like to write, but in today's day and time freedom of speech is not guaranteed any longer.
I remember that three or four hours after this horrible event I had to leave the house for a brief time- and it was eerie seeing deserted streets. No cars coming or going but mine. I remember seeing gasoline prices rising here in town (everywhere else too) rise to $3.00 a gallon. From what...probably $1.50 or so. Greedy station owners wanting to cash in on the tragedy. They almost all lowered the prices back after a day or so, in shame. I had to take the oldest home so he could go to work and that was when the plane went down in Pennsylvania. I heard it all on the car's radio as I drove along taking him home. And the Pentagon...what happened there.
I got home as quickly as I could and for 4 days and nights, I hardly moved from the TV when I was able to be there. I had to go to work.
I took a photo of a newspaper picture. Here it is. You must look closely and you'll see the face.
I saw it on television and it appeared in the paper as many others saw it too.


I'll never forget that I was standing on a walker for the first time and in front of TV as the 2nd plane flew right into Tower 2. I thought I'd faint or throw up at this horrifying attack. No one should ever forget this event as we slack off to be lazy and uncaring race.
ReplyDeleteIf I was standing next to you, I'd shake your hand.
DeleteSuch a sad and terrible day that should never be forgotten
ReplyDeleteWas at a TV studio that morning, and witnessed everything on the big screens. The rumors about planes hitting building in Chicago were quickly ended, but the horror was real.
ReplyDeleteThe streets were so empty, the skies were empty, and our hearts were broken.
I had never seen that photo with the man in it. XO
ReplyDeleteThat photo is amazing, really. We never ever will forget and we will always remember who did that to our Country.
ReplyDeleteIt is a day that will not be forgotten
ReplyDeleteI think all of us remember that day with sadness and an awareness that our world changed in those few hours forever.
ReplyDeleteWhat a horrific and terrible day. We will never forget.
ReplyDelete