Well, The middle boy will be here tomorrow night, and leave Sunday midmorning for Charlotte so he will be ready to head in to school Monday morning. Can't wait to see him. We will meet the youngest one at a restaurant in The Big City and have such in my honor...we'll all return to our place..Bruce of course with me. We'll watch the football game we hope IF we can stream it. I just have antenna TV. I have Roku too, but...we'll see what we can do.
Going to make chicken fingers for us for supper. A recipe. I'll let you know how they turned out. Hoping for crispness. We'll have mashed potatoes with that, and shelly beans.
Washed this red hair this morning with Katie's assistance. Got it combed, fluffed and ready to go after a while, and headed to the grocery store. If I say so myself it looks good! I got what I needed for supper Saturday night but I forgot to look for more savory salmon pate for you-know-who.
I never bought anyone pate hardly ever, but bought some of the salmon pate last week. She actually licked her bowl clean as a whistle for breakfast. I have never seen that happen...ever. When I gave her the other half can for supper, it got down to the crumbs and she did what any kid would do! She reached her paw in, scraped it across the traces!! and licked her paw! I have never ever seen any cat of mine ever lick the bowl white as new...and take her paw to sop up anything left.
Maybe she's watched me with bread and gravy when I have been sopping. I can make me some gooooood fried chicken gravy, and really, any gravy worth sopping up. I try to do the more lady-like thing and eat bread and gravy up with a fork.
We had important company one evening for supper when the kids were very young. The son I will mention was about 8. I had cranberry sauce on the table too with fried chicken, & all the rest. Came time toward the end of the meal when one of the boys picked up the cranberry sauce dish, got the last piece, and then, tipped the bowl to his mouth and licked all the juice that was left in the bowl. There were some major gasps coming from me and his father when he did that, believe me. Embarrassing. We spoke about it then and later at bed time.
I'm smiling right now, remembering.
I saw this in Facebook and LOVED it!

Sounds like a great weekend coming up for you and your boys. I love the cranberry juice story, I can just picture it. I am sure when I was little enough I had things that were really plate lickin' good. But I also remember the yuck, liver and onions, wilted lettuce and stewed tomatoes, lol. Glad you found a great new food for Katie. Hope she eats it next time you open a can.
ReplyDeleteI got that on MY plate too...yuk I finally learned to eat the stewed tomatoes. but liver and onions...NO way. Gizzards, no way! Mushrooms...no way!
DeleteDo enjoy your time with your sons! You'll have wonderful company and some good meals too.
ReplyDeleteI tend to think of the licking of the bowl as a compliment to the chef/cook. :) We were always allowed to lick our pudding bowls clean, but none of us like cranberries that much. LOL
Didn't know chickens had fingers.........lol
ReplyDeleteAlso children often do funny and embarrassing things that make us laugh even when we should be going mad at them
Wow, what a find for Katie. I hope she continues to like the variety. I always worry tat liking something new is a novelty, and sometimes it is. Licking the bowl clean reminded me of licking the bowl when my mum made cake...
ReplyDeleteOH yes. I never cared about the warnings ot to do that. I'm still alive and walking around after licking many a cake bowl.
DeleteThat is a cute story about the cranberry sauce. When it is just my hubby, mom and I , we will pick up our soup bowls at the end and drink from them. :) Have fun with your son. XO
ReplyDeleteI STILL do that!
DeleteHave a wonderful family visit, Carole. I laughed at the cranberry sauce story, I could just picture it. :-)
ReplyDeleteCarole I might have had to arm wrestle your youngest for the last piece of cranberry sauce and juice. I love it.
ReplyDeleteAs the saying goes kids and old folks can get by with questionable manners. LOL
Hugs and have a tone of fun with your family
Thanks for the blog addy
Crazy stuff here last night with my blog no clue
Cecilia
I wonder what happened? I sure hope it doesn't keep on with all of us. Glad to see you here and Katie too. Her thoughts are usually here as well as her own place.
DeleteMe gusto la historia . Me hizo sonreír . Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteOur Frankie greatly prefers pate over the shreds or chunks. Most of our cats are members of the Clean Plate Club since they're all pretty piggy. :-) I hope your chicken fingers turned out well.
ReplyDeleteDearest Carole,
ReplyDeleteYou no doubt had a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Mariette