Saturday, May 23, 2026

Oh What a Day!

 The day  mentioned in the title is in HER blog.  I will try not to let her make me type it all for her again here.  The little hussy. 

We are in a drought as are many of our friends.  One son in Charlotte NC,  along with the City of Charlotte  and surrounding area are in severe drought and under water restriction.  My roses said they were sick and tired waiting for me to get the memo that THEY needed water very badly.  They started looking badly and that is what it took for me to realize how remiss I had been.  The sky finally opened and so far in the 6 days of this week we got 2  inches.  Supposed to keep on for another week.  When nature stops watering, I will start moving the hose from bush to bush right after with each getting 30-45 min. each day for several weeks & get them caught up.  The gardenias were starting to look sad and only the camellia kept looking normal.  

I hope daylight savings time for all year does pass.  I'd take either time cycle if one would be chosen and stuck to.  Let's hope.

*RANT* I was wondering.  Am I, and many of the CB, the only ones in the U.S. who can write a sentence without the F word?  That's the surest method to keep me from reading your blogs and Face Book page.  I can't STAND that! If you have to say it aloud as well with every breath and I am there to hear it, well, so long.  I know you won't miss me.  Nor I you.  I guess said offenders think they look allllll grown up. *END RANT*

For the first time in probably 12 years, said boy in NC is not going to be traipsing around the rest of the world as he usually is during the Summer...and will be here the seventh of June for a WEEK!!  HOORAY!!!  Can't wait. Neither can Katie.  He's her favorite brother! 

Got me laughing even when I didn't want to. 

LOVED this one!!



8 comments:

  1. Good one about the tooth brushing! You showed up on my blogger reading list, but I found Katie thru Catblogosphere so I'll look at her in a min. Glad you got rain. We are drenched and have been since the snow stopped in March. Do not let those gorgeous roses die of drought.. Yay, boy home for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think alike on the F word. My mom always said to me, use your vocabulary, say a different word. Which I do. Cute funnies, Onion soup too oniony. Ha ha. I am in California and my plants in containers need frequent watering. Camellias are so hardy, bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather here is unpredictable and hasn't been the way it used to be for a couple of years. As for the F word, I will use it under extremis, but that's its point; it's not for every day use. At best, it becomes tedious when used often. And my short stories are set in the 1920s, so it is never used in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that your son will be able to visit for a week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad you got some rain, Carole. We were in a heatwave for a few days, but now the tips have dropped about 40 degrees with lots of rain. Spring in the Northeast, I supposed. LOL

    That's so exciting about your son (and Katie's favorite brovver) being around for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I bet you and Katie are looking forward to you son's visit.
    I can't say I've ever used the F word in a blog but it does get used in my daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I save up all of the 'f' word memes and post them as a special 'adults only' every once in awhile when I need to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MOL MOL brushing alone that is hilarious KI
    My complaint today (which was grocery day) is that OMC(hickens), I never ever in 100 years thought I'd pay more for chicken boobies than 93/7 lean ground beef. BUT I DID
    I told Bryan I broke the bank today...he said that is a OK we have to eat and we do eat well
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete