Thursday, June 11, 2026

Ew UGH and Yuck

 I got up…got into the kitchen to get her breakfast ready and wondered why on earth the floor was sticky.  I looked down and she had had a diarrhea on the floor (not the carpet thank goodness) and I had unknowingly stepped in it and spread it around.  The rug  in front of the sink was ruined as I walked over it with the largest amount on my feet.  I won't pollute my machine washing it.  I'm throwing it out. I had to stop all I had been doing of course and wipe my feet, clean up the smeared stool all over the floor, go put my feet in the tub and try to clean them, come back and try to get the smears remaining off the floor.   Half an hour later I started her breakfast.  She didn’t do it on purpose.  I was glad to see tan earlier offering already in the box.  It must have hit her suddenly.  She just went again a few moments ago.  In the box.   I saw later  after the flurry of my activity that the afore mentioned “product” had been produced and put in the proper place durning the night.  I assume that it must have been something that "came over her" before she could get to the Box that cause the kitchen accident.They are incapable of doing these things on purpose.  I know it was an accident.  But what a mess to clean up. 

I have a new AC/heat unit out there now.  Mine had a blower motor that quit.  My son is visiting and though I warned him it was hot in here he came anyway.  We ready suffered.  It was so so hot in here.  Sleeping was spotty at best.  Went out early Friday and they didn't come to install a new HVAC till Tuesday.  Man.  That was really hard with all the heat and humidity.  My house is old and not insulated in the walls.  I think I had better call and get an estimate.

Going to get Micah's oil changed this morning and the brakes tended...brake flush..and whatever else is needed with them.  Son is here, and will follow me there and I won't have to sit hours waiting. 

I hade a lemon pound cake that was so good I can't believe it.  Found why.  It was faintly underdone in the middle third.  But oh MY!  GOOOOOOD!  

Come see me.  ;-) 




5 comments:

  1. Yikes, what a way to wake up. Quite right that Katie didn't mean to do it. It sometimes just comes over a body, especially an old body. Poor girl. Are you going to try re-creating the partially under-done pound cake? I think it might be nigh impossible to achieve again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was heavenly tasting! Never better. Except the one I made many years ago that was also underdone though we didn't understand that,

      Delete
  2. Ewww is right. It's never pleasant stepping in something the cat left behind. Especially in the morning, when one isn't quite wide awake!
    Glad you are getting to visit with your son, and that the a/c/heat unit has been installed. Take care and enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well first let me say I'm so sorry I did not see your post days ago! Longer reading list very seldom shows me everybody that post on the day. And I have to go looking and looking for any that I think might or might not have written something. And yes that sweet katie, I bet she felt bad that it happened. Cats are so fastidious, they know to use the litter box and nothing else. I'm glad you had a good visit and that the dessert was delicious. What a nice change for you to not have to sit at the garage for hours just getting an oil change and things inspected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so sorry to hear that Katie had that accident. What a mess, but you are so right ... she did not do it on purpose because our sweet animals truly do not have it in them to do such things on purpose. We hope her tummy is feeling better now. Hooray for the new A/C unit. How nice that your son came to visit, even in the terrible heat. That pound cake sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete