Well, the new door is finally in place. Not the lock and knobs but in place. He's gone for a few to the hardware store. He'll be back. Wanna see?
![]() |
| Taking its ease in front of my closet in the Hallway |
He's done the weather stripping, and made sure my front door burglar alarm sensor will work. He'll install the doorknob and lock mechanism when he is back here shortly. I have asked him if he will refinish the solid wood doors in the house as well. Said he would. Don't know the estimate. He wanted to do this first.
Things are going alright. Just Katie Isabella has her aging problems. Eating (not) is the hardest to bear.
Need to have a dead dead dead tree felled. The guy gave me an estimate and said maybe next week if it isn't as hot. I never even saw that thing (dead tree) until a week ago!!!
It's supposed to be in the mid 90's today and all week-- and it's well on its way! Katie's Client is gone earlier than I expected as is his Mom of course who brought him about 1130. (He's 11 now, btw.)
All that complaining I did about being too cold with the thermostat set on 72...it was me, not the a/c. I bought an inside digital thermometer and right on the money. I am used to it now. No longer in flannel nighties and flannel shirts in the house! One of my boys programmed it before he left after a weeks visit and I am loathe to mess with it. (In other words I don't know what I'm doing.) Next time he comes back, we really need to set the 7 days a week temps for winter too. We were so hot and uncomfortable we (he) just did the summer stuff.

.jpeg)

Lovely new door! Of course it leads to more work.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the tree and Miss Katie.
It does. Already have my mind working on an additional front of the door, I will blog about it and ask opinions. .
DeleteI like the door. 72 is chilly. We keep it around 74 and even then it gets chilly. Katie, please eat. XO
ReplyDeleteWe have four outer doors that need replacing; screens/storm, locks, the whole kit and kaboodle. So am envious of yours!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it went well! I hope his estimate for the other doors is quite reasonable.
ReplyDeleteI keep my ac at 73 - 74, but it has to be to even slightly cool the upstairs (always hotter and stuffier up there).
I well remember the stress of aging fur babies not eating. ❤️❤️❤️
You are and feel, helpless. A good friend gave the med to increase appetite. Worked a few days. She quit eating much anyway. K. had a terrible reaction to it and I told her face to face I will never subject her to it again! 1 and 1/2 days did it for K. and I will never subject her to that again.
DeleteThe door looks very attractive from the inside now that it's hung and painted brown. Getting every door in the house sanded and refinished sounds like a project though. Like the saying at the end about the buffalo wings. Plus the fact that you couldn't get me to eat those greasy spicy things in the first place, lol.
ReplyDeleteYou know..he suggested painting them with the same paint which has primer in it, rather than sanding each one. What do you think? Might not be a bad idea.
DeleteYou'd like eating here at my house. None of that type of thing.
DeleteYou should have used the tree to make the door. And buffalo for their wings? I thought you meant wigs. That hair of theirs is very handy...
ReplyDelete