Thursday, October 1, 2026

Time Really Does March On! Like it or Not.

 Here I am! Just scarfed down a peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwich.  Want one?  Still have plenty of both.  Waiting on laundry to get dry.  Then have to fold and put away.  Wish I had someone else to do that part. 

Angel Katie told all about my Chicken and Cat wrangling for about a month for the one and just 4 days for the other(hens).  Both are done.  I don't anticipate the cats needing to be sat for any longer.  I hope they don't ask me to Hen sit.  The effort just to turn the faucet on to give them fresh water and  so I could clean their watering can was almost more than my wrists could take.  Took a long time to do each of the two things.  But they were sweet and I enjoyed them very much.  The cats were used to me and started coming out when they heard me at the door.  


LOVED this. Charlie Leghorn was the first to make a 7 yr. old..me..laugh so much people turned and looked at me.

One of my sons from NC came over the Mountains to stay with me here from Thursday night till Sunday morning.  I loved every minute.  If you-know-who was here, she would have loved it too.  Took him out to eat on my birthday after going to Costco.  It was the next day that we had dinner and presents at another son's home.  That was because birthday was on Friday and N. still had to work. So Saturday it was.  
Aster.  Sept. birth flower.  Taken at the Arboretum.


The guy who did some work for me left unfinished work, made two appointments after not showing for others he made, and today, canceled again.  He does have bad family problems.   He is permanently out of my contacts now and I need to find another. The money he has for three things he needs to do can be his tip (which I don't do for expensive "handy" help.  They charge enough!) 

I am still trying to get used to sleeping by myself.  I think I never will.  I would rather have a warm fur baby who tucked herself under my chin.  Then changed  position to into my neck, head first.   

Had my yearly Lab tests and the results visit a few days ago.  Tests were all well. Humana is raising their prices this tie around.  And changing tiers of drugs.  And imposing a co-pay.   And raising drug prices. Makes a fella think. Charge requires one to remember: A lot depends of who takes what re: insurance and Doctor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment