Monday, August 24, 2026

Time Marches On. (where did we always see or hear that growing up?)

 Here I am, car-less.  I really really don't like that.  But at least I don't have tp worry about getting Katie to the Vet in a hurry.  I'll get it back Wednesday afternoon.  The two friends I always ask in the rare times I am carless or such, are both sick!  So I see there is no such thing as a taxi any longer...can't depend on that to get me to the body shop.  Just about 4 miles away.  Not walking.  Believe me.  Uber I think must cost an arm and both legs, an extremely generous tip I guess from all I have read...and the entire idea makes me just say NO.  I never ask for help hardly ever so I don't have a list of people in that regard to turn to.  Both family members are working...so...that's out.  Small town so no busses, etc. May have to resort to Next Door and hope no murderer comes calling.  'Course, I could do pretty well if there was one, but I would hope not.  Don't want to mess up my hair.  

I just can't stand it that I can't go out and get anything.  I need 2 measly nails!  Tough bananas I guess.  Have to wait till Wednesday afternoon to try and buy some. 

Katie said on her blog about me being waked in the middle of the night and getting my heart jump started because I heard not just one, but TWO "meows" close together. sounding loud enough to be in my bedroom.  The first meow woke me,  made my heart like a trip hammer for a minute...the second one happened right after that while my eyes were staring into the dark wondering and wishing and thinking how silly.  


Maybe one was summoning me.  

Going to get all three bedroom doors painted tomorrow--- and new door knobs on all three.  Kids ruined everything I have regarding doorknobs.  Have some of them there purty switch plates to go over the light switch toggles.  Moving along.

Want to take me to the body shop?  About 2 on Wednesday.  I live right here.  Expect you about that time.  



11 comments:

  1. Well here's a thought. Hire the painter to drive you. Call the repair shop and see if they have someone who could pick you up. Just a thought and don't know if either one of them would work out. I have to admit walking 4 miles doesn't sound like a real treat. There are no taxis around here either. Hope all the doors turn out the way you want when he's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thought was that the repair shop should provide a pick up for you. Worth a shot. I've been without a car for over 20 years now, but of course public transit and taxis are available, uber too, though I've never taken an uber and don't want to. Good luck getting a drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried and they nice refused. I found someone though.

      Delete
  3. Both comments above have good ideas.
    I've Uber'd and it was no big deal in Chicago and New York City.
    Maybe a local church or senior group has drivers available?
    I dream of new interior and exterior doors! Everything we have is old old old, and the hardware is worn out and I have to fuss just to turn the knobs. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have go thru it turning the knobs too, and two of the doors won't latch! That was not helping a bit earn I was trying to keep Katie out of the bedrooms from under the beds...so I could get her for the v-e-t.

      Delete
  4. As I always say when someone asks how I'd like to be stalked by a murderer: "Is she pretty?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I lived near you, I would definitely give you a ride to the body shop. xO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give you a ride if we lived there, Carole! We're lucky in that our mechanic (who is awesome and honest) is within walking distance from our house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole....I hope by now you have your wheels back.
    I loved the funny about the moon.
    Sending lots of hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if you call the shop and explain the problem (act like you are REALLY OLD) they might come and either drop the car off for. you or pick you up and take you there? I think it is worth a try....and oh-those meows. How heart wrenching...sigh...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete