Sunday, August 9, 2026

My Darling baby

Kathryn Isabella    August 8, 2026

My life will never be the same.  A bond that enveloped both of us completely has been severed.  I stayed right there holding her headie and laid my face next to hers.  It will never be the same here for me.  As it is  for me without my oldest who passed a few years ago.  Not sure how.

Oh, how can I bear it. 


From Ann..


25 comments:

  1. Carole I know with 100% certainty Katie Isabella was at peace and comforted by your heady by hers just like she slept by your face at night.
    warm hugs and comfort
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a loving loving thing to tell me, Cecilia. Much gratitude. XX

      Delete
  2. Carole, with all my heart I believe Katie, and all those who have gone before, are still with us somehow, in Energy, in Spirit. I know that's cold comfort when in the midst of grief, and I hope in time that you will remember only the love you both shared. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to, and I will hold so TIGHTLY to that, Kim. A loving message. Thank you. XX

      Delete
  3. The sweet girl will always show herself to you in so many ways. You will awaken in the mornings and see signs of her and for a split second you'll wonder where she is hiding. She is hiding in your heart and your memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has already happened really. Just a fleeting glimpse...I thought I saw her headed to the bathroom as usual before coming into her room here and up ob my desk for kisses. Swore I saw her sort of zip into the bathroom where 2 fave water dishes were waiting.

      Delete
  4. Life will never be the same, but the bond isn't severed. It never will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need her, and she had to leave without me. I will have to trust that the bond remains the same. xx

      Delete
  5. Love never dies. Your bond will last for eternity. I am so sorry. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathe. Cry. Wail. Sit and stare.
    You'll feel Katie again, someday.
    Until then, do what you must to put one foot in front of the other.
    Hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. I feel bereft and more alone that I have ever been. xox

      Delete
  7. Oh Carole, I'm so very sorry to here the news. It's so hard that our beloved fur babies usually leave this world before us. But I'm sure she knew you were there and was grateful for your loving touch.
    May the memories of your sweet Katie give you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, thank you so much. Those of us who have loved and been loved by our cats know how each of the other of us feels. xxx

      Delete
  8. We love you, our precious Carole! And we are so thankful for the beautiful like you have Katie. And how she loved you! She sure knew she was loved, loved, loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Carole. Our hearts is full of sadness for you, yet we are so grateful also grateful that you and Katie shared so many years together and have a loving connection that will transcend all time. She was so blessed to find you, and you her. We know you will be together again one day. In the meantime, we are sending you love and gentle purrs of comfort. Please let us know if you need anything, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending so much love and respect. We imagine Katie had many friends to greet her. Prayers for peace,

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart aches for your loss. I hope all the good memories bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are only physically not with us. Their "presence" will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pradeep, many many thank you for that and much care for you.

      Delete