Sunday, July 26, 2026

Rain Rain Come and Stay

 We have had 4.3 inches of rain for the month. To us, that is a bonanza. The roses are sure happy!  Tee-total for the year is awful.  But we can join many others in that fact.

A great good day to you! My goodness, it has been close to a month since I was here.  I know I'm boring-- so not many think to come over and get bored outta their skivvies.  But here I am again.  

The main purrson who lives here, to whom the house and all of its servants its belong,  is still having a decent quality of life. So while we have an agreement between us, we don't have to haul it out again and re-read for instructions.  She is doing alright, right now.  She has, and she mentioned it in her own blog yesterday, come upon another food that she just can't get enough of!  Two cans !!!!!! a day, a teaspoon at a time to avoid horking it up.   That will stop..maybe even later today (making it going-on three days.) Since she weighs the same as a bag of sugar used to weigh...(they shorted it some years ago to 4 pounds instead of 5)...go figure. Far as I know she is still six pounds.  I'll find out next ear cleaning, nail cutting, and Vitamin shot. 

I had someone send me a rude email a few weeks ago.  Unexpected and very rude.  Just a few days prior to that, they were warm and fuzzy.  If you don't care for something any longer  when you thought that you did want to do...just don't do it.  Simple.  Don't be rude completely out of the blue~ saying so.  Yeah, yer right.  Got my feelings hurt. 

Guess what?  For some inexplicable reason...completely out of the blue I'll tell you, I remembered when I danced a reasonable Merengue with Latin American friends while a teenager and got a hankering to do some here at home, just me, for exercise.  Um, no.  I thought, OK...let's do Salsa.  (had to learn how though) Um...perhaps go back to what you were always doing in aerobics,  OK?  Ok. Sometimes, ya gotta face facts.  Besides, I might get twisted into a pretzel and not be able to reach my yelly-o-fone (as I call it.)

OK.  "And that's the way it is" (still miss your actual unbiased accounting Walter.)

Jackie and Shadow...Be Blessed, Beautiful Pair.  

 


 



6 comments:

  1. So sorry you've had that happen.
    Folks, if something isn't your cup of tea, then just walk on past; your opinion of something doesn't mean diddly squat.
    Silence is golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance! I can not sing and I can not dance Actually some person here says I can not chew gum and walk at the same time. Probably true, but can not be proven, I never chew gum, lol. I was brought up that if you can not say something nice then do not say anything at all. As a mature adult I still try to do that. Unless I'm inside my car giving bad language thru the windshield to the nut case driving over the yellow line. Love the eagle picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you writing again. So many I used to follow have left their blogs in the dust.
    Glad to hear that Katie is doing Katie stuff...being picky about her food. Saku is over 18 now and showing signs of aging. He isn't able to jump up much anymore, but continues to eat and drink, get rid of his waste, and sleep. I suspect we're down to months rather than years. I'll continue to love on him until he lets me know he's ready to join his fursibs.
    Sorry someone was so rude to you...might be time to take a break from them. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Katie was eating in small portions; her account indicated that the little glutton sucked up the two cans at one sitting. But in any case, I am glad it is inside her, doing good. As for the merengue, I confused the word when I was little with 'meringue'. Now, it makes me think of the Manilow song 'Copacabana', where Lola would dance it and the cha-cha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you got that rude email out of the blue, Carole. I don't understand why some people just can't leave things be. Besides, email can be a very clumsy communication vehicle -- I think the tone and sentiment get lost sometime. But that's just me. Love to you and Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replace those cold pricklies with warm fuzzies!! i like your blog ...and Katie's too!! I smile when I see something new!

    ReplyDelete