My goodness, I got going about Daddy's fork and then, I traded pictures of an ancient 1 1/2 cup pan Dad made simple syrup in or boiled something really small (duh!) with a blogging friend.
That friend showed me some pictures of old things that were left after his mom passed away.
When I was in my teens and even early 20's, my mother would show me some things that she had from her mother and none of it, even those things of hers, were of the least import to me. I didn't care and I thought to myself that they were ugly.
MY...how we change when we get a little mental as well as physical maturity. Now these things are treasures and certainly they are memories. That picture I sent him of the little pan dad used so often showed how terribly coated it now was. Dad kept it clean but one has to face that there was/can be a residue not always visible on the outside of the pan and so years later the pan looks like heck! All black and brown. However I love that pan and don't want to try to scour and polish it all away. There are even more marks on the left side (he was right handed) where he stirred or used his fork in the pan and its contents. :-)
I took the picture in May.
Stopping by. It has been über busy for me thee past several weeks and this week is as wel. Love all of you. xxoox

Hi Carole, my mom left me and old Sunbeam Mixmaster stand mixer. I still use it, it does a great job. My brothers and sisters took a few things. Oh, and I still have my Dad's wooden cane, I'm using it everyday.
ReplyDeleteFor a number of years, I have used items from my grandmother and my mother, both. I even have a rolling pin from my great-grandmother! xo
ReplyDeleteI can understand how things mean so differently as you grow. Memories make them more special and they are really a treasure!
ReplyDeleteYour photo us beautiful. Such a lovely flower :-)
It takes time and maturity (not always the same thing) to appreciate some of our parents objects of memories. I lost Mom in 2010 and Dad in June this year. It makes me think differently about some of the old things I have from them.
ReplyDeleteTBT has nominated you to participate in The Writing Process Blog Tour. But that won't actually happen fer a few days and we will tell the details then. MOL!
ReplyDeleteThings do take on a different significance as we mature, don't they? This even applies to words my dear departed dad said to me as a child.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and Katie.
Rosemary B here:
ReplyDeletefunny to read this. I just brought a huge box of trash :::coughcough:::: treasures from the past, today.
Some of it is crazy broken junk, and some of it is pretty nice. I will toss the bundt pan and the onion soup bowl...
Yeah I like this post
ReplyDeleteLove the picture!
ReplyDeleteYou really are wise and wonderful, my friend. ~xoxo~
ReplyDeleteI admire you and love this post. Hugs to you sweet friend. xo
ReplyDeleteYou're right: if we're fortunate, age can bring appreciation for what is really precious in this life. Blessings, friend Carole.
ReplyDeleteYes this is so true ..That is a Lovely Flower great shot!
ReplyDeleteHugs Sheila x