I never make resolutions. Not since I was a girl in the single digits of age. BUT I do relish the idea of a chronological fresh start. This is the start of another year in which I continue my journey to better physical duration just as I used to have once upon a time. Nah, can't do that well but I am certainly better than I was a year and a half ago. It took perseverance and some amount of grit to do it.
One thing has stood in my way a few times since I really made an outside effort at improving my stamina instead of just working out--- and that is the very hot and humid weather when it arrives Summer. Not good for me really to be doing a lot of walking in that due to my physical concerns. (which are improving hand over fist). And when it is freezing and below freezing with the wind blowing, no, I stay away from where I walk outside. Instead, I try to get some time in at various big stores walking but that walking is slow... whereas outside I can really speed along. Any activity counts, but the faster the better. Those are called "active minutes" on my Fitbit and I try to rack 'em up. I am proud of the progress I have made with my outside addition i.e. walking in addition to my workout and store walking. It has made a big difference in my endurance. So Happy New Year to me and Happy New Year to each of you. I wish we could all get together, I swear I do. We could have a heckuva BBQ... and if our bellies don't bust wide open from all the food, we can jog it off.

You put my human to shame. Good for you! Happy New Year, and here's to reaching goals!
ReplyDeleteCan't get 10000 every day but close.
DeleteHappy, Happy New Year to you! xo Diana
ReplyDeleteYou too Diana and your Hero too. ❤️
DeleteI'm so happy for your good health now! I'm really impressed with 8 hours of sleep! Oh how I wish I could sleep through the night. *sigh* I don't wear my Fitbit anymore but am exercising more including strength training. I have to continue during tax season or I'll pay for it come the end of April. Continued good health to you and your family in the New Year! Wishing you and Katie lots of love and happiness!
ReplyDeleteLove to you and the girls!
DeleteHappy New Year!
ReplyDeleteQuite a few people mall walk here before the stores are open, I see them when I pass through to get to the bus transfer point. And no slow walking for them, most of them are zipping along at quite the pace! So that's always an option, if you're an early riser. BTW, we have one "big" mall here, which is only two levels, but has stairs at both ends (escalator in the middle). So it does offer a pretty decent space to get the steps in. :-)
Anyway.
Wishing you the very best for this new year!
Rats Kim. They closed our only mall about 5 years ago and now it has been torn down and a new city center called Main Street is being built. All free standing stores, hotel, condos etc. xx
DeleteWell done! I find myself hibernating when the weather gets cold (as it is today, -25C this morning) and when it is too hot. I set up space in the basement to do yoga...it's been gathering dust.
ReplyDeleteSo when I read the success of you and others like you, I am truly impressed. Perhaps once I retire I'll be more likely to be more active.
Eileen if you see this, for some reason Katie Isabella and I can't get thru to your bloggie today.
DeleteIt's wonderful you keep up physical activities! I know I need to do it myself but so far, my hardest workout is vacuuming every Saturday.
ReplyDeleteI wish you and all your family a very Happy New Year!
Hi Sis!
ReplyDeleteyour journey better physical just as once open a time. it was grit to do that. Your physical concerns. But you never had no problems in all your school time. I hope very nice wonderful years let hope new years Katie all family.
More raining all day not with this years.
xxooxx
Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
Michiko
Good for you, Carole! Your journey is wonderful and so inspiring. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and Katie, and to your family! We hope your 2017 is filled with peace, health, love, joy and all other good things. :)
Back in the days of olden, I used to regularly speed in stores with my shopping cart. I was always in a hurry. Remember those days? zoom zoom zoom
ReplyDeleteNow, I still try to walk at a good pace.
I walk very slowly with dad about 2 miles every day (according to his iPhone, which is really about one mile but it calculates his steps)
I am in very poor physical shape because I just am.
You know I used to be the super skating powerful super fit princess. So that muscle memory is still there. I am still very very flexible.
We are going to have a super great year being perky. I miss Pierro so much, but slowly coming to terms with his tragic early passing.
Happy New Year Carole. Thank you for always holding me in your prayers. Life is bumpy
Kudos to all you have accomplished already!! I don't use the word "resolutions" any longer, got rid of it about 5 yrs ago. I prefer "intentions" and for 2017 I have quite a number of them!! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteWishing you good health and happiness. XO
ReplyDeleteI also do not make resolutions because I suck at following through with them so what's the point, I take each day as I find it and hope for more good days then bad days
ReplyDeleteOnward and upward, Carole! You are doing brilliantly! ❤️
ReplyDeleteHi Sis!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Thank you of my younger chilled time. This years was more wonderful of filled love and good thing of our love one too.
Another rains day..
xxxoooxxx
Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
Michiko
Way to go on the walking/exercising, keep up the good work. My hat's off to ya'. Will keep you in prayer for continued good health.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you, Katie, and the family. Wishing you a healthy and prosperous 2017.
Power-walk the stairs maybe?
ReplyDeleteMe, I just stay on my feet all day. That does quite a lot. You should see me sink into a chair at dinnertime, though. My knees creak in happiness!
Dearest Carole,
ReplyDeleteHappy for you and yes, for weeks now I have not been on my bike. Cold and windy, rain and than the flu and a bronchitis so I did not dare to start out too early. Pieter has been biking a few times even in the cold. Hope to start off again this week. The choir rehearsal starts again this Tuesday. Can't believe our last performances were on December 15 and 16; that seems so far away already...
Sending you hugs and stay warm and cozy. We had snow today but it did not last! I did post photos on my FB from 2002 when it was a white world.
Mariette
Dearest Carole,
ReplyDeleteHappy and healthy New Year to you!
No, this year I've not yet walked or biked outside... Did not dare to as I certainly don't want a relapse of that nasty cold that did exit with a bronchitis as a bonus... But we will get into better weather again and can enjoy the outdoors!
Blessings,
Mariette