I stopped at the makeup counter as we made our way from lunch, and started telling the ladies about the lipstick color I wanted and its name. They could not find it and went through a lot of trouble for me. I went through all kinds of talk describing the shade I wanted. They kept looking for it sure they'd find it. Daughter-in-law said "Don't you want to be at M.A.C. counter"? I said "yes" and she pointed to the Lancome sign. Oh how embarrassing and how funny. I laughed so hard and apologized for the trouble I put them through. M.A.C.was next door to them so I squirmed off in that direction and got my lipstick. I see the price went up to $18.00 a tube instead of the $14.00 I was used to! I may have to re-think my lipstick. It was embarrassing but I am still laughing.
Got a new charm for my Pandora bracelet that one of my sons started for me. This one is starry sky..there are three varieties of that charm. I chose the one consisting of two parts, a gorgeous shade of blue disc as a background for sparkling stars that will overlay the disc.
It's raining again...sigh....
xx


Funny. We have those embarrassing moments, but hey you got the lipstick you wanted.
ReplyDeleteDearest Carole,
ReplyDeleteWell, that was not too bad for really feeling embarrassed! Don't worry but laugh it off. We are getting older and it shows more when a younger person is with us...
Sending you hugs and love your Pandora bracelet! Don't let Katie get it...
Mariette
Hehe, I know the feeling. I once complained more than I should have on the telephone that a department store's pharmacy didn't have my prescription on file. After I hung up, I realised that I had called the wrong store, and that there was no reason they should have had a prescription for me. I haven't called that store again...
ReplyDeleteOh good one John!
DeleteNothing like the great laughs we get when we make silly embarrassing mistakes. Pretty bracelet. Hugs
ReplyDeleteMOL! At least they were trying real hard to find the color they didn't even carry! Funny! Your bracelet is lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove how you put that!
DeleteSteep for a tube of lipstick but then you are getting a brand name.I have not shopped in a mall in ages.. we are talking YEARS...no transportation any more and no interest I guess. Malls and plazas or shopping centers here are dwindling sad to say. Glad you had fun..two year olds are excited over a lot.. :-)
ReplyDeleteit is steep!~ I won;'t get any more. Have to find another I like in the drugstore but that is hard. I like the rose ones.
DeleteLove the charm! Very nice. I have a fondness for moon and stars. As or the lippy, perhaps the Fates were telling you to look into Lancome? I know how it is when you find something you like though.
ReplyDeleteThere are several I like BUT would have to go all the way to you-know-where to get it.
Deletelipstick? I cant wear that stuff. It would be smeared all over me with in an hour.
ReplyDeleteMascara. Give me lots of mascara
Your charm bracelet is very pretty.
I have never heard of M.A.C. or Pandora.
The rain is supposed to come here, but I am going to zip around this morning to get my butt out of here and go to Purcellville and buy some more fabric
and on the way home procure kitty food and random groceries
Oh, you are human. $18.00? That is one special lipstick! But, you deserve a treat, right? Pandora bracelets are so pretty.
ReplyDeletethat IS funny about the lipstick! I just use good 'ol Color Stay by Revlon from the drug store, I love it! Also, LOVE your Pandora! I have one too but haven't added any charms since the original ones my husband got me. uh-oh!! lol
ReplyDeleteThat's a funny story friend. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that braclet. Did I happen to mention that I really LOVE your braclet? Well, I do.
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny. I love the Pandora charm you chose, all the charms you have are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laugh, just what I need right now. I LOVE it! That sounds like something I might do, it's not too bad. Those charms are beautiful. Have fun wearing them!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a wonderful Sunday and a great week ahead!
Hehe!! You are funny!! I would love a Pandora bracelet with all those dinky little charms, but I can't manage the rather strange fastening!! OK I'm a bit of a wuss!! :-)
ReplyDeletevery pretty charm :)
ReplyDeleteYour Pandora bracelet is so cool, Carole. And that story about the lipstick almost made me spit water out of my nose as I was laughing. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and Katie!