Saturday, October 9, 2021

Happy Day to You

 Welp...not going to complain about anything I don't think.  

About to take the oldest to his place.  Made him scrambled eggs, 4 of 'em, and bacon and toast.  Cinnamon toast.  You can forget how good that is until you try it again. 

When I return I will be cleaning up around here.  And I will have my western's I love on Saturday blaring over the vacuum cleaner.  If I cannot be still to see them, then I wanna hear them!  You know, I LOVE Wagon Train and Raw Hide.  Wanted Dead or Alive too. And all the others but the day isn't good if I haven't been able to see those three.

Have you seen bacon prices?  They have tripled here.  Just under tripled to be more accurate. Another 20 cents or so.  I know why they have risen so drastically and I have thoughts on it, but they will remain here in my wee head.

Hope it cools down soon.  Too warm, humid humid humid and rain that hardly quits.  But I have been saying that for 11 years.  Because it's true.


Headed off to the big City.  See you in a while when I whirl by sweeping, vacuuming and dusting and...cleaning the bathroom.  


This next here below, be me.  I figured face recognition wouldn't get a good bead on it this way.  






15 comments:

  1. Dearest Carole,
    Well, we both never use any bacon but yes, we have noticed the prices of so many things going up and gas went up a lot again. Thanks to so many that voted for all this...
    Rawhide was a favorite of mine too; watched those episodes across the big pond. The theme song by Frankie Laine is excellent. GOOD OLD DAYS and I mean it.
    Haha, bypassed the face recognition on my new iPhone.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't had bacon in a long while. But all meat prices are out of control and therefore I cook more "vegan" like while having
    meat as a treat. Getting so it's as good a treat as chocolate, lol. Strangely hot and humid up here for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy bacon maybe once or twice a year, but I'm certainly aware of the increasing cost of groceries; it's crazy.

    We're enjoying a mild week here, temps in the high teens or even low 20s Celcius, which is a bit warm for this time of year in my part of Ontario. I'm happy to take it, though! The week before the furnace came on three mornings in a row. LOL. We'll have snow and ice soon enough--too soon and for too long.

    Have a lovely weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why everything is so expensive. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't buy bacon because we rarely eat it. But we've definitely noticed the price of groceries goin g up, up, up. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. close to 2$ for a head of iceberg lettuce this morning, and 30$ for 7 gal. of gas.

      Delete
  6. Carole what a beautiful sketch...of you that BEEEEE.
    I had no idea you drew....just beautiful. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that you by you? Very nice!

    (And toast, just toast, hot, with the butter melted into it, with a cup of tea. Pleasant, easily digested, and delicious.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH that sounds SO good. I used to do that all the time.

      Delete
  8. HAH! You complained twice! Bacon prices and weather. If people would [bleeping] get vaxxed, there would be employees in the pork houses and trucks to get the bacon to us. Those companies were hit hard by the crony virus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CK! Lots of love to you and your Mom, and of COURSE I complained. My middle name!

      Delete
  9. Is that your self portrait? You're an incredible artist!

    We had French toast this weekend at my daughter's. She uses lots and lots of cinnamon and it was good. Even cold when I finally got to it. :)

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I tried to draw myself, you wouldn't even know it was a primate, LOL!

    ReplyDelete