Well, guess who discovered how scratchable the new chair in the living room is? Hint. It wasn't me.
Here I was, all happy that I had a new chair albeit the color of it was not in keeping with the rest of the room...however, I was glad that the Ruler of the house had not done more than plant herself in it a few times. That was it. But, when cooking, I could hear the awful sounds of powerful claws digging into something. It was the new chair I saw, as I looked into the living room.
My strong "NO" brought me a hiss in my general direction and a swat as well. Can we guess who never has a strong word used against her? Till now? That would be The Ruler.
Both top and bottom sheets swathe this chair...ew-glee indeed- but if it keeps the claws off and out of the fabric...it has to be. These are a set of very heavy winter sheets. Cost a bundle, but I don't really need a blanket when I use them. Now the chair will stay warm.
You may also guess, if you will, who was UNDER those chair sheets when I turned out the light to go to bed. It wasn't me.

Oh no! And didn't Katie just have her claws trimmed? But I have
ReplyDeleteclear packing tape all over my recliner and still Precious finds a new spot to stretch her legs up to and dig in. But your new chair of all things. Katie is exercising more than her paws, she's exercising her right to claim the chair.
Actually,y she is.
DeleteDa Boyz claw the ceiling in the kitchen, and the wallpaper too.
ReplyDeleteThey've been known to scratch at the cabinets, and you should see the mulleins of our two big picture windows; scratches galore!
But that's why we love this old house; it's purr-fect for cats to abuse, since nothing here is expensive or fancy.
Love how you put it.
DeleteSorry for laughing, but of course all things belong to our cats, even if we would prefer otherwise. :-D
ReplyDeleteP.S. Clear double-sided sticky tape.
ReplyDeleteAnnie used to scratch at the couch when I first adopted her, until one day I came home from work to find a clump of tape mixed with her fur, on the floor. As far as I know, she never scratched there again. (The carpeting on the stairs was another matter....)
That said, sticky tape never seemed to deter Derry much, and it certainly didn't keep Nicki from having at the stairs.
Oh Katie! I agree with Kim, everything we own truly does belong to the cats and we, mere mortals, are entitled only to share it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with keeping her from doing more damage.
P.S. Wouldn't that be something if it we were, in fact, related through some ancestor? Until my cousin or I can identify the parentage of my GG2 I won't be able to go any further back in history. Though others have made guesses that I haven't been able to confirm.
ReplyDeleteDearest Carole,
ReplyDeleteOh that little devil she is!
Demonstrating that SHE RULES and the new chair is just an intruder! You obviously loved it too much...
They notice and get even with us one way or another 😺
Hugs,
Mariette
Cats don't miss a thing. :) XO
ReplyDeleteCarole
ReplyDeleteHow is it they always outsmart us. I'm thankful you were able to protect it before it was totally toast. Check out the cartoon at the bottom of my post today. Very timely.
As a youngster Angel Madi pushed all our buttons all day long.
Our house is set up with exact furniture we had when Milky-Way (our first cat lived here for 14 1/2 years). He never EVER tried any of the stunts she did. Some how she jumped between the stair case post up to the top of the Grandfather clock. Chewed on the finial. No stern words phased her. WE finally had to cover the clock in a quilt. Eventually I find a magazine basket that was designed to fit on stairs. I put it at her launching pad. That problem was solved until she decided it was necessary to walk across the mantle.
Hugs
Cecilia
Oh no is right.. I would have flipped out LOL... Hopefully with the sheet on it the cat will know to stay away and isn't under the chair trying to figure out how to get under the sheet... LOL
ReplyDeleteOn no indeed
ReplyDeleteKatie's skills include burrowing, apparently. Is there something you can spray on the chair as a repellent? I know mine don't care for citrus; I know you don't want to chase Katie away from it, just stop her from scratching, but it may be something to try.
ReplyDelete