Anyway, obviously I survived (although I wondered if I would there for a few minutes) and we all had the best time.
We went out to a restaurant for supper, son and his wife and my oldest boy and me. Great restaurant too but the food was delicious and so I finished what was on my plate and I should not have. OH. My. Stomach. WHEW. Had to have some Tums for the tummy immediately we got to my son's home again.
Anyway, gifts were opened. Wait'll you see his cake! I got him a subscription to Sky and Telescope and a hard cover book by Shel Silverstein. I hope no one ever gets too old for Shel Silverstein's books. I know he enjoyed the first one a few years back.
His wife came up with the great idea to have friends both at work and social as well as his family and anyone else we knew who knows him, submit a reason why they like him; even something like "You always smell good" is one she gave as an example to get the respondents going. So she had a jar full of strips of paper, one for each year he has been on this earth for him to open and read. They were in a mason jar that was beautifully ribboned at the lid. He loved that cake. What a great idea.
We had cake and ice-cream and talked awhile and then, oldest son and I took off like big birds and made it to our separate homes.
Anyone who knows my boy knows he is a fabulous photographer although that is not his profession. We are Nikon fans as you will be able to tell here shortly. Look at the rendering of the camera strap as well as the camera. I LOVE it! Son had the lens served to him. I got part of the back where the various dials and view screen are..and so on. Hope you enjoy.
xo

I heard about you choking on FB...yikes! Terrible experience. Love the cake to bits...safe to say you ate it up!
ReplyDeleteYikes, sure an glad you didn't up and croak when choking last night. That is very very scary. It's especially scary when you are alone in the house. I've had that happen a couple of times when I was alone. Not fun. I have found it helps to try to blow my nose - not easy to do when coking, but I don't know if it helps clear the airway or what, but it works.
ReplyDeleteThat cake is to die for. It's amazing and I've never seen another like it ever. So happy you had such a wonderful evening except for the eating too late. Dang, I hate it when that happens.
What a great time you had. Love the cake.
ReplyDeleteCake is just amazing. The choking must have been frightening - glad you did ok with it!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are ok! It has happened to me too, 1 is 1 time too many! And it's even worse when you are by yourself...., as you know. Otherwise, glad it was such a good evening :) LOVE the cake :)) I was just looking at a Nikon a couple of weeks ago....., toss up between that and a Canon Rebel. Time is coming for a new one, I've been noticing blurs on the edges of the images, What is That!?! Thought maybe it was the SD card...., changed that, still happening.... tried the movie option, Not thrilled with it. Too grainie.... Time for an Upgrade , now for some green papers :\ Anywho......, Glad you're ok~ ♥xoxo♥
ReplyDeleteOh, I hate it when that happens! I have it happen to me far too often.
ReplyDeleteThat cake is an amazing creation! Was it done by a bakery?
It sounds like the party was a real success!
xo
You had quite a time!! Glad you survived the hiccup! The party sounds wonderful xx
ReplyDeleteOh goodness glad you are OK! That is a horrible feeling. Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration and love the cake that is one that will be long remembered.
ReplyDeleteOh that water incident has happened to me, too! I'm glad you are ok :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd what a great time you had! Your daughter-in-law is so sweet. Reasons why they like your son for him to read. It's such a wonderful gift!
What a neat birthday party! And this is definitely a neat blog post.. It was written with love!
ReplyDeleteOh, that water in the windpipe stuff is SCARY. I'm glad you are okay!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful birthday celebration -- love that cake. :)
Hugs to you and Katie!
I often nearly choke. The least amount of peach slices, plum slices, apple bits. I inhale something *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI survive each bad experience, but I'l bet that's how I die in 20 years...
Glad you are okay Sis..scary indeed. The cake is amazing..great artistic job and bet it tasted great too. Glad you all had a nice get together. I think the idea of telling what things you LIKE about a person is a good one.
ReplyDeleteDear Sis!
ReplyDeleteKatie you having great play time with brother you and with son a wife and oldest boy has wonderful lovely food TOO MUCH SiS!
You know about son canon rebel as same that you love it!
I'm very happy with your family together and Katie's all ways.
Have a good time Sis!
xoxoxox
Sis,Katie,Miyuki and Victoria,
Michiko
The Nikon cake cracked me up! That's a work of art!
ReplyDeleteGlad you were okay. I have only had that happen once and it's an awful sensation. What a great party, though. Like the jar idea. :)
What a great cake! The party sounds wonderful, too. I'm glad you are okay; I hate when that happens. Ug.
ReplyDeleteI did not see the picture as I read, "My son had the lens served to him." I thought, "What is she talking about?"
ReplyDeleteThen I saw the picture of the ice cream cake.
Your son has a good eye.
What an amazing cake! And what a sweet jar of love. And glad you survived the inhalation, too!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you enjoyed The Birthday outing with your family. What a great idea strips of paper in a jar wow! Glad you are ok not nice at all.
ReplyDeleteFabulous Cake :)
What a lovely header Flower so very pretty>x
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What a perfectly wonderful birthday.
ReplyDelete