I was telling a friend about consignment stores and what great things they have in them almost all of the time. I have gotten a few treasures myself but I haven't room in this small home for much so I am particular and always choose small things as a rule. that oak library card catalogue cabinet was the exception.
Here is a cup and bowl that charmed me because their inside is also covered with flowers. Because there is no way of telling with these pictures that offer no prospective, I will provide a couple of measurements for reference.
The bowl is 4 1/4 inches tall and 19 inches in circumference. The cup is 4 1/2 inches tall and 12 1/2 inches in circumference. I love these two pieces. That is all that was there so I have no idea if there were ever any more but I knew I had to have these. I wanted Nellie to see these. And I wanted Mary to see the card catalogue.
That's it. Purely girly stuffs. :-)


Both pieces are gorgeous. The Library card cabinet is a great find. The VASE with flowers on top are very pretty to. The cabinet is especially interesting because the drawers look like they are too big for library cards. At least the library cards that they have around here. The cup and bowl are pretty and also interesting also. That almost looks hand made or at least hand painted.
ReplyDeleteOh! How pretty!! I can see why you weren't able to leave them behind! You also came across a great find with the library cabinet! Great shopping, Carole! Thanks so much for this post!
ReplyDeleteThe card cabinet is beautiful as are the cup and bowl!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds, all of them, says the Mom.
ReplyDeleteThat cabinet is a fine piece of furniture, and the cup & bowl are colorful and cheerful. We soon will be going to a consignment shop or two, but to investigate the possibility of selling something there. I spoke too soon about the "Southern peaches" at Kroger. This most recent batch is disappointing. Still it was a little better than the usual grocery store peaches.
ReplyDeleteHi Sis,
ReplyDeleteYou having a wonderful thing with you,
love the beautiful cup with bowl also so many thing you have
a things for Nellie too.
Love you!
xoxoxoxo
Sis,Katie,Miyuki.
Michiko
You have found yourself some very nice treasures Carole. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat finds but I really like the Library card cabinet.
ReplyDeleteVery lovely :-).
ReplyDeleteYou have great taste, Carole :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finds. The cup and bowl are unique, at least I've never seen any like that. The cabinet is a fine piece of furniture.
ReplyDeleteWe think those are lovely! Great finds, Carole! :)
ReplyDelete