I've been for a workout and I've returned revitalized. I'm waiting on the pest control guy who after all of these years..maybe 10 has become a friend of sorts, to show up this morning. By that I mean he goes around and does the spraying etc inside and out but I follow as he goes and we are 100% talking about college sports. I LOVE college football and sort of pay attention to some other sports and I can talk about sports with the enthusiasm I feel. Our team, the U.T. Vols has done abysmally these past three years due to a new coach a year. No, I mis-spoke...prior to that three years it was a coach a year. Now we have Coach Dooley who has been coach for this is the third complete year and this is also a year he had better produce or I'd say he's history.
That's a shame because the Coach can only work with the men he can recruit and the rest is up to THEM to follow thru with what they have been trained to do. THAT seems to be the missing link. The team has been PITIFUL these past three years. We now rank at the bottom of the SEC East and that has never happened until these past three years, especially last year.
However, my point was I can talk to the pest control guy about football and he never tires of it as he is just as much a fan and very knowledgeable about football in general. I admit that I only watched maybe three games last season the Vols stunk so badly. I will start out watching again this year and I have slight hopes.
Lastly I'll say if I glom onto someone (and there are PLENTY of fans around east Tennessee) who loves the Vols or college football they sure have a friend in me.
This is my wanted poster.
xox

I sort of sympathize about your team, but in the interests of full disclosure, we do not follow professional, collegiate, or high school sports at all and never have. It just isn't something we do (different strokes for different folks). In my personal case, the reason probably goes back to my own high school days and forced attendance at "pep rallies". I saw no reason why I should hate other schools or their students when I didn't even know any of them, and none of them had ever done me any harm, which is something that cannot be said of certain students at the high school I attended.
ReplyDeleteWe do watch certain Olympic events though.
I LOVE the Olympics. Crazy about 'em.
DeleteSorry the UT team has done so poorly. Your pest guys sounds like a great one!
ReplyDeleteOh ne is. The talk never varies and today, it (talk) was all about Penn State,
DeleteSorry about your team. Illinois hasn't done much better.
ReplyDeleteYou look very nice on your wanted poster. xx
why fanks you. xoxo
DeleteOH OH! HOW could I have forgotten that phrase yesterday " Going Forward"!!!!!!!!!!! I can't STAND reading or hearing it. That's the worse one!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteCole Porter must have known better than to use the phrase "going forward" because he didn't write a song with that title. :-) However, he did write a song titled "From this Moment On":
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTXZUdyP7xc
Sorry your team is not doing well. We suffered that fate for many years when our local pro team didn't even know what a football looked like. But you are a devoted fan and you will follow them thru the thick and thin! Some day they'll improve and go to town again!
ReplyDeleteI never learned football, but I love the Winter Olympics.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, I played all kinds of sports in school including football, but I really don't watch much sports unless it is the final game of the season, like the Grey Cup here in Canada. I do watch some of the Olympic sports on TV.
ReplyDeleteOh...I don't watch sports at all, especially football because I don't know the rules. I used to watch baseball but got bored. I am not interested in Olympics either. (Cat-O-Lympics is a different story.) But I do hope your team will do well!
ReplyDeleteSorry you Vols are on a rough spell. Have been pretty lucky with our Badgers. They've been doing pretty good for some time. Hope it keeps up.
ReplyDeleteHi Sis,
ReplyDeleteI just don't understand that we both not same interested the football.
Poster (Tennessee)the voles you are watching for year hopes you loves the voles or college football have a friend for you very well.
I don't remember your personal...but beautiful poster!!
xoxox
Sis,Katie,Miyuki,Victoria.
Michiko
I have a friend who is an avid college football fan...it's all the same to me: don't care for it. That said there's far worse things a person could be into. Like the poster you got there pardner...I've missed ya!
ReplyDelete