Now THAT was a storm
Of course, I was away from the house. Just the cat holding down the fortress while I was at work. But Saturday was a day of tornadoes.
It had been raining for several days and then, the weather alert from NOAA ( at work) and it went from a tornado watch to warning. Turned on one of the monitors to a local channel and sure enough, the weather man said there was one in my town. And on a street several stone's throw from my house. All I could think was "will my relief ever get here" ??? After I left and picked up my rider, I looked to the northeast and there is was. A wide and towering black mass with the classic rotation. It looked close because it was close. And I would ultimately be driving toward it if I wanted to go home..assuming it would be safe.
However when I got toward the house, while I saw emergency vehicular traffic coming down the hill, I saw nothing wrong. Got in the house, did the usual...fed the cat, myself, took a shower, look at snail and email and got into bed and all this by 2030. (I got off at 1900) I laid there in that bed stiff as a poker listening to the wind and rain and thunder (by then it was just a severe thunderstorm) and eventually relaxed enough to go to sleep. I hated it when the alarm rang!!
This is the last of my day shifts when I get out of here. Better do my makeup and get off this computer. I get to start my midnight shifts tomorrow.
Laters
No comments:
Post a Comment